Sunday, June 12, 2011

Skruffy's Makeover



"The old dog groomed nicely, and even perked up. 
 I can remember when he was a pup. "

(Apologies to Robert Frost)



Post submitted by: Jacques & Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Skruffy (en francais)June 12, 2011 at 5:21 PM

    Skruffy, here. 'just wanted to say that there is an "s" an the end of "Jacques." Man....am I the only dog around here who speaks French? (Okay, I really don't speak French, but, mon Dieu, I certainly know how to write in French and spell French names correctly; and, I can type pretty damned well, to boot.)

    Au revoir, pour l'instant. A la prochaine, or should I say "pauvre chien"? (Now, come on, humans, that is pretty damned funny.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the French lesson Skruffy ! I was hesitant to add an "s" for fear it might imply multiple "Jacques". And Lord knows, one is enough.

    Pleased to see that your Master has taught you his facile use of puns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typical Scottsdale--you have to go for the extreme makeover. I doubt Skruffy recognizes himself in the mirror. Does he smell sweet, also? Did he have a chemical peel? Maybe his nails done?

    Up in Flagstaff, we are referred to as Scottsdale Sissies because Bob won't take Bailey for a walk in the mud, nor let him swim in muck. I think we can understand why we get the moniker.

    ReplyDelete