Monday, July 11, 2011

A Sticky Situation

As if monster dust storms, bobcats, javelina, roving bands of coyotes, and (yes Lisa, I believe you) mountain lions aren't enough, our neighborhood is now being invaded by bees.  They have taken up residence in our home's irrigation box, and are busily building a hive.  I don't know if they are Africanized or not.  How can you tell?  If you have any information on bees, or an exterminator to recommend, please do share.  Thanks neighbors!

2 comments:

  1. Guess what the beekeeper told us?

    "You know you got mountain lions in this neighborhood? I saw a really big one over on 102nd Street last week."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you all said that you believed me (wink, wink, nudge, nudge), so maybe now, my credibility is enhanced a bit. I was with two other rational adults when I saw it, so it wasn't an hallucination. I saw it jump the fence at 101st Place and Larkspur. The cat made it look like the 6 foot fence was absolutely nothing. I know that they have been seen at Scottsdale Ranch, so they must go up and down the washes looking for bunnies and cats. Beware!!

    ReplyDelete